Saturday, June 27, 2009

Stuck in a Tree

Today was that big day. Well, one of them anyway. It was that big day that would always go over in your mind, be forgotten, come back till it makes you sick, and then finally just... happen. Maybe I'm exaggerating. It was packing day, 4 days ahead of the flight, and it was pretty up to snuff. I dunno what it is though about packing, but it always seems to have this certain uneasy feeling go with it... knowing you're changing your surroundings, maybe forever, having to disrupt your "old" lifestyle and all... and also it's just sort of tedious.
I brought my iPod and the speakers into my room and at first just listened to some awesome PotterCast and this other Harry Potter-related podcast. Then GuyinaTie, and then some Beatles and Ben Folds (Five). I was not unfamiliar with the concept of blasting music, and took full advantage of this. I also had tons of fun lip syncing and *cough* maybe even some singing *cough*. The neighbors didn't seem to complain. My iPod battery is getting quite low though I must say.
I managed to get my main suitcase done, at just under 50 pounds to be safe. Then I have a backpack which has lots more space, and my trumpet. I also partially-filled another suitcase. Turns out I have rather a ton of stuff; books, way too many CD's, baseball/hockey cards I never used, and clothes. And then I still have clothes being washed right now. We have about 2 and a half -shelves worth of books, but we'll send them over anyway. My room is quite barren, and the only reason this isn't giving me that ugh-y queasy feeling in my stomach is probably 'cause, you know, I actually want to leave. It's sort of like when you were back in preschool or whatever, and you always had to clean up at the end. And it always seemed like you did a better job cleaning there as opposed to at home; just seems more organized and easier since you're not there at the time, which I guess sounds ironic.
I took a break after a few hours of packing/sitting there listening to music, and went out to "play rugby". I had read up a few basic rules from some rookie guide on the internet, and learned some stuff. In case you guys are ever interested, maybe I'll mention them sometime. The ball got stuck in two different trees from me kicking it, but obviously we got 'em out. The first time you'd never think would happen- I was a good ways away from the tall thick tree, and somehow it went to the left, bounced on two branches, and settled in a slightly indent. I ran to get the football and we jammed it out.
I guess the whole 4 days thing is sort of hard to take in, but in a way it isn't because I'm kinda just chilling and taking it slow- like my French math teacher always mentioned in lessons: "tranquil". I didn't really properly say goodbye to my teachers nor my friends, but you can't do everything in life.
Yeah, Michael Jackson. To avoid getting me talking about it, just watch this video. It makes one feel ignorant (hopefully not) but just watch it. Sums up what I'd say. Seriously.
I've gots to email my high school, eat dinner, sleep, go to Pierre's house, eat, sleep, pack some more, eat, sleep, finish stuff, eat, sleep, wake up at like 8, go to an airport, get on two planes, and then collapse. In a totally worth it-it's over-yes-hug-etc. collapse, of course.

Four. For. Fore. Fuor. Forrrrrr. Fourrrrr. 4!

No comments: