Thursday, June 25, 2009

It's Official

Last days are always rather bittersweet. Normally it's just a last day of school, and chances are you'll see those people again. But then again, people tend to move a lot. Sometimes it's just plain tragic; different city, different state...different country even. But there's always next year, another row of daunting tired hands slamming on alarm clocks, hoisting a 15-pound backpack over shoulders and a slightly-abused confidence. People leave behind stuff, they move on, remember faces or not, go over memorable and harsh days, maybe on an airplane. IPod blasting a nostalgic song, staring out a window. Knowing you should be saying goodbye properly, but just wanting to get away away be done be done and not exist there anymore. But the fact that you saw that guy's shoe, said "pardon" to that girl, all a continent away from where you would be. Your existence has been conscience in these people's brains, maybe they'll randomly remember your face or your voice. The kids that muttered "Madame Eclair" (Mrs. Lightning) as I walked past them, walking my usual brisk pace. Passing the same shops, the same tables and chairs, opening those same doors, seeing the same faces, wanting to be gone. Sitting on the cement ledge and writing "what's on my mind". Needing to blog, being redundant, not writing complete sentences. 6 more days, done with the French school system probably forever. I'm aware that some teachers at least have access to this blog, so I sort of feel awkward mentioning how I'm in fact skipping half of today and Friday....and skipped Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday. I need to pack, I sort of just want to chill, listen to music...

Oh yeah- Paris. I wrote a few pages about it in my journal, might get around to typing at least some of it up... but as I have in the past, I haven't. Lots of pictures. Countdown!

No comments: