Sunday, June 14, 2009

So Fast

Another day, another week-end come to an end. It was a good one though, and I know you'll get tired of me saying these things, but only one more left actually. Zach is, as I believe I have mentioned, actually leaving tomorrow and all. It seems sort of weird, and in a way I am kinda envious. Then again, it's just 2 weeks to sort of just chill out and attempt to "enjoy". We went out to the Ferney pizza place (I also ate my first snails there), raindrops starting to plummet as we walked back. Zach seemed rather joyous today also when we went to the Geneva beach, which proved to be somewhat nostalgic.. and cold. We hadn't been there for at least a year, and it's sort of one of those defining places for me and France (well, as in a trip to France even though it's in Switzerland). He's probably really excited. I would be. In just under 48 hours, these tan and red-colored chalets and modest cars, snotty accents will be American office buildings in downtown Ann Arbor, the cars more abundant and large, the people with annoying American accents, things way more familiar and hitting you in the fact constantly with memories and nostalgia, recognizable signs and words, etc. 

Oh my. It's been so long. 17, so this is day 348 about.

Well anyway. I'm actually extremely tired, but I just... don't feel like existing in France anymore. Well, not quite yet. But just... yeah. Still busking in Paris, another hockey season, football, band camp, high school, writing, friends, places, home, trumpet, nerdfighters, band geek, getting a job...

I know I said it 100 days ago, and 50 days ago, and also 30 days ago at least, and I'll say it again, but

Dude, it's like actually ending.

1 comment:

Becca said...

so i realize you comment on almost every post i make, regardless of how lame it is or how short or how pointless. and here you are typing things about an adventure in Europe, and I'm rambling on about gingerale.

but i do read this. not all of them, it's kind of on and off again, but then i just don't comment. i just want to make sure you don't feel like i'm tossing away your stuff when you're so supportive of my blog. actually, that is semi-realistic. it's not on purpose obviosuly. i just do not spend my time well at all. i don't know if you knew that about me.

anyway, i will talk to you on facebook my long distance friend (for like a week longer - can't wait!) and then i will talk to you in person and hopefully spend more time hanging out with friends than on the computer talking about hanging out with friends